Sadly, NAC is closed for submissions until further notice ...
Historically, we've looked for well-written, original and thought-provoking adult works in English from authors anywhere in the world. Our particular interest lies in:
- Fiction: literary and commercial, including historical, mystery, romance, dystopian, thriller, psychological thriller, and crime
- Nonfiction: memoir and creative nonfiction
- We have a particular appetite for backlists.
Exclusions – academic or technical works, poetry, short stories, younger reader's works, horror, new age, occult, religious/devotional/inspirational works, sci-fi, supernatural, strong violence or abusive sex, nonfiction except as listed above. NAC seldom considers previously self-published works.
Joining NAC's list
First consideration is given to writers recommended by authors already on NAC’s list, a member of NAC’s Panel of Reviewers, or a professional editor. We rarely consider submissions outside these parameters.
It is important authors subscribe to our vision of being committed to being the best writers they can be. On joining our list, works go through a rigorous review process taking several months, involving significant work for most authors, 3-4 significant edits of the manuscript not being atypical.
Your Submission to NAC
- The ‘Subject Line’ of the email should include your name, title, genre and wordcount of the manuscript.
- In the body of the email, include your contact details, including website &/or use of social media dedicated to your role as author.
- Attach a 100-word Bio.
- Fiction – provide a one-page Synopsis of the work and the first 50 pages of the manuscript.
- Nonfiction – provide a book proposal and 2-3 sample chapters of the manuscript. Please refer to How to Write a Nonfiction Book Proposal.
- We only work with soft copy in Word format. Hard copy documents will not be read.
- Manuscripts must be formatted in 12pt Times New Roman, left justified, double spaced. Please start each chapter on a new page.
- Confirm the work is solely your original material. State clearly if any aspect of ownership of the work’s IP is shared with another party.
- Confirm the work has been professionally edited, then rigorously proof-read.
- Give details if your work has been self-published, and/or sent to publishers.
- Send your submission to [email protected].
- All submissions that meet these guidelines are acknowledged. Please resubmit if you have not heard from us in 7 days.
- Personal visits are not accepted other than by invitation.
- If NAC is interested ‘in principle’ in inviting you on our journey we will be in contact.
- From the date we accept an author's work into NAC's system, the likely subsequent process takes 3-4 months.
- Progress reports are not provided, nor are reasons given.
Other Useful information
- We do not ‘look at’ or ‘offer an opinion’ on work, nor do we offer proof-reading or editing, though we may point authors to others providing such services.
- For the foreseeable future it seems likely 3, perhaps 4 authors may join our list annually.
- Always save electronic versions of your work, as NAC is not responsible for lost work.
- NAC places particular significance on whether an author has carefully read and subscribes to the vision set out in this website, and the ‘collective’ spirit implied – a willingness to support other NAC authors, as will they when your work is published.
Please read the whole of our website, especially this page and the FAQ’s, before contacting NAC about your work.