'NAC's panels of professionals enable author access to a wide range expertise'.
NAC Helps Authors
Services available to authors
Many factors influence a publisher’s decision on whether to take up a particular work. Luck can play a large part, of course, but other factors within the author’s control may increase the likelihood of a work being published.
NAC may be able to point authors to resources such as:
- Artwork - sketch, illustration, graphic design
- Author mentoring; e-marketing; public speaking and dealing with media (invaluable to authors about to be published).
Support available to authors NAC represents includes:
- Definitions, Explanations and Guidance Notes (e.g. re bios, blurbs, document security, editing standards and editor selection, manuscript preparation and presentation, plot summaries, publisher submissions, synopses, vanity press, what publishers look for first, and other topics).
- Membership in NAC Writers Group, which focuses on (i) writing skills development, (ii) e-marketing and social media optimisation, and (iii) preparing manuscripts for the Review Panel
- Negotiating tactics
- Script Marketing
- Social media and related marketing services
- Tips on Increasing e-Book Sales
- Planning your own marketing and promotions campaigns (to run in conjunction with your publisher’s).
Use the ‘Contact Us' page to request details and availability of a particular service - insert the service name in the e-mail subject line.