'NAC is dedicated to enhancing the quality of the submitted work of each author and committed to open and regular communication on progress'.
NAC welcomes approaches by authors. We are mindful of the resources needed to prepare a book for publishing and employ a careful selection process to identify potential works.
Please read the whole of this page before contacting New Authors Collective about your work.
Guidelines for authors submitting to NAC: -
- State clearly in your first communication if any aspect of ownership of the work’s IP is shared with another party, including corporate ownership.
- Confirm the work is your own original material.
- Give details if your work has been self-published, and/or has been sent to publishers.
- Before contacting NAC your work should have been professionally proof-read.
- NAC's objective is to expose deserving authors to English language publishers in Australia and elsewhere, as well as selected quality publishers in other countries, Europe in particular.
- New Authors Collective does not offer a proof-reading service or editing service, though we may be able to point authors to others providing such services.
- NAC - considers only works genuinely viewed as 'finished'; assesses them; considers whether at face value they are in shape to go forward to our Review Panel, or need further work; discusses our opinion with the author; if of a certain minimum standard, we convene a panel; if not we point the author to what needs to be focused on, and invite them to complete that work before going further. We will not 'edit' work.
- So, before contacting NAC, at the very least, your work(s) should have been professionally proof-read, preferably a second level 'edit'.
- Submitted manuscripts must be 'finished', the final version (viz. the work you would be prepared to stand or fall by if then submitted directly to publishers).
- Submissions should include the genre and word count of the manuscript, plus your 50-60 word Bio and a 100-150 word synopsis of your work, as attachments.
- We only work with soft copy in Word format. Do not send printed hard copy documents.
- Always save electronic versions of your work, as NAC is not responsible for lost work.
- All submissions complying with guidelines are acknowledged; please resubmit if you have not heard from us in 7 days.
- Personal visits are not accepted other than by invitation.
- Contact Us at [email protected]. Include your address, phone and Skype’ address (if any), and whether you use Facetime or WhatsApp.
- The ‘Subject Line’ of the email should name the Author and work we are to focus on first (viz. if you have more than one, name the work you propose should go to the publishers first).
Please note: -
- Consideration of submissions may take 6-8 weeks.
- Progress reports are not provided.
- Reasons are not discussed.
- From the date we accept an author's work into NAC's system the likely minimum time, before we will be in a position to discuss with an author the Panel's findings, is 3-4 months.
- Fifty per cent +/- of authors approaching NAC proceed no further.
- We are able to add to our list no more than 1-2 'new' authors monthly.
- New Authors Collective only represents authors **all of whose future work will be included in our remit.
- Please select FAQs for further useful information.
NAC commits to steadily improving quality: -
- Our primary obligations are to (i) authors already on our journey, and (ii) our Review Panel volunteers. Manuscript standard is paramount if NAC authors are to achieve publishing success. Therefore, NAC Executive is committed to the principle of steadily improving manuscript quality going forward.
Joining NAC's list: -
NAC can only assess high quality 'finished' manuscripts, so: -
- First consideration is given to writers highly commended by authors already represented by NAC, or by members of NAC's Review Panel.
- Writers professionally vouched for by two members of their Country or State association or society of Editors, both confirming they edited and/or fully assessed the work, as 'finished to a high standard'.
We are unable currently to consider works outside these parameters.